Sunday, July 20, 2008

Guess What My Baby Boy Brought Home...?

Not Andrew, the fuzzy, black one. So let me start with this...It had been a crazy day. I had just finished 4 days of intense work for our state department, scoring student assessments. Here I am mentally exhausted, trying to relax on the couch. After Chris left for work, Andrew came into the family room saying "ba...ba...ba" which basically means Boo the dog or ball. I did the usual, "show me" so he goes running into the bathroom. This is where it begins (I promise to get the the fuzzy, black one story). Andrew has thrown a bouncy ball into the toilet (it gets better)...where Abby went pee pee and didn't flush. Oh yes, Andrew did apparently try to fish the ball out of the toilet. So, into the shower he went. For those of you that don't know, we have a walk-in shower in the first floor bathroom. He, also, managed to throw his little basketball in there while I was trying to turn on the shower. I was completely disgusted by this. Not to mention, I had to fish the balls out of the toilet.

Now for the fuzzy, black baby boy. I am standing by the sliding glass door watching Andrew eat his dinner when Sulley shows up on the deck and at the door...WITH A DEAD SQUIRREL IN HIS MOUTH!!! Need I say more. I managed to get him (not the squirrel) into the house. I gave him a bunch of treats, not for reinforcement, but rather to clean out his mouth. GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!!! Andrew kept walking over to the door, squatting down, pointing at the thing saying, "EW!" Thankfully, my neighbor was home, so he came over to dispose of it. What a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate dead animals. Who knows how long it had been dead by the time the dog got to it! I am sure it smelled lovely!

-Megan