Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mommy's Math Getaway!

Go ahead, make fun of me, I don't care. Math is my job and something I just really enjoy. I went to Emmitsburg, MD to Mt. St. Mary's College to a Math Conference for 2 nights. That's right, 2 nights...no crying, no whining, no changing diapers, (OK, feeling bad for Chris) and except for changing hotel rooms at 3 AM b/c I was in a "previously smoking room..but not anymore" room(I couldn't breathe), the trip was a lot of fun. And as Joan (co-worker) said, "What happens in Emmitsburg, stays in Emmitsburg!" Ha Ha!


So, let's not lose site of the fact that this was a work trip. That said, for those of you who are familiar with Math Education, you know just how exciting it was for me to have the opportunity to hear Marilyn Burns speak. Yes, I was star struck. And lucky for me, I had my camera and one of my co-workers snapped a few shots of Marilyn Burns.


I also got to hear Randy Charles speak. AND he sat next to me at dinner with my friend Debbie and another friend. It was like a "Celebrity Math Educator" trip.


Go ahead, make fun of me...I don't care. I love math!!

No comments: